Monday 21 October 2013

Copyright

Recap of what I learnt during my lesson:
In today's lesson I learnt the importance of copyright within the media industry. Copyright laws and rules prevent people from having false ownership of media products. For example a copyrighted song, prevents listeners from saying they have wrote the song and also prevents them from selling the song and gaining profits. So, copyright also prevents illegal sales and downloads of music. 
In relation to the video task, it's key to recognise copyright rules as my group will be using a pop artist's song within our video for educational purposes. To avoid being mistakenly seen as trying to make profits from our music video my group have decided to write a letter to Jessie J's record label to ask the rightful owners of Jessie J's music for permission to use her music in our educational video. Below I've enclosed my copyright letter to Universal Republic Records

Copyright letter about creating my music video:






Clifton Gardens

Hillingdon
Middlesex
UB10 0EJ
Monday 21st October 2013


Universal Republic Records
1755 Broadway
New York
United States
10019


Dear Mr.Lukasz Gottwald,

My name is Simran Takhar and I'm currently studying A-Level Media Studies at school. Part of my coursework this year requires me to create a music video to a song of my choice as well as a digipack. So, I would like to ask your permission to use the song 'Dominio' by Jessie J an artist you represent.
I can assure you that the song will only be used for educational purposes and we will not be gaining any profit by using the song in our final music video project. Further more, we won't be claiming any ownership of the song and we fully acknowledge that the song belongs to Jessie J and Universal Republic Records. Our work will need to be moderated, and hence our video with Jessie J's song will need to be online on our blogs as well as youtube pages for three months. Following this time period, the video can be removed if you have any problems or issues with us using Jessie J's song.
Thank you for your time and I hope to hear a reply from you in the near future. I have included my contact details below if you have any further questions on the matter.

]Mobile number: 07813104397
Email address: s_tak@hotmail.co.uk

Yours faithfully,

Simran Takhar
Swakeleys Sixth Form student




No comments:

Post a Comment